Sunday, November 23, 2008

Giant little champs


Yes, I am on a blogging spree today, and it may be due to the reason Jaya has given in her blog No Spice. But I could not not write a blog on the little champs reigning over marathi minds these days. Yes, I am talking about the little champs of Zee Marathi's Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. They have come a long way learning music, but what they perform now is truly ammazing. Actually, at this point, or rather before Shalmali was voted out, there was no one who could be voted out. Each of them are equally good and the best.

I, like most of the junta, was surprised to see that Shalmali was voted out. And her performance was surely missing on tuesday when topmost singer-music director Shankar Mahadevan was the guest. He had some positive energy with him, as rightly said by Pallavi, which boosted each performance, start to finish. None of the previous performances had this kind of grace and it could be seen in hindi as well as marathi songs. The pronunciations, pitch, tempo everything was up to the mark and Shankar was equally rewarding each one with a standing ovation. He was simply enjoying the show and was not at all making any comments, which lifted the morale of the champs to a whole new level. And they all delivered one after the other and took away full points. Even Shamika was later on given Ni, from an earlier Dha.
Arya's दिल चीज़ क्या है was totally mesmerizing.

I am sure these champs can take many of the running orchestras head-on and also thought I should have recorded the show. But if any of you have done so already, please let me know if I can get a copy of it. I sincerely wish all the best to all of these little champs and that may all of them be top class singers in the years to come and glorify the my Maharashtra.`

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As someone who hardly listened to marathi music, I have to admit, the little champs have me mesmerized episode after episode. As you put earlier, they are all really so good that its painful to see them going. However I do feel that the girls are slightly better and more versatile than the two boys and I was very dissapointed to see shalmali go. There is going to be a comeback episode so I am hoping she does come back and stay on till the final three....

Sachin said...

Yes Vikram, everyone feels Shalmali was the wrong contestant to go out, and she should really come back in the call back episode. Same is the case with Kartiki who went out on this monday. Also, the girls are surely more versatile, whereas, in the boys, Prathamesh is more towards classical and Rohit is more new-age. Thanks for visiting and keep coming back for more posts on the show.