Saturday, November 24, 2007

Microsoft officedead


Many of my friends know I had created a personal website and was hosting my blog there. It was a MS officelive basics subscription which is offered free by MS. I was one of the ones who got the beta version and were initially allowed to use MS FP for site design. Later, they changed the privileges and just allowed templates. In the mean time, the upgraded my account to premium, which I didn't notice and had to pay $35 p.m. for 2 months. When I asked them to downgrade the account, they did, but I still cud use FP, due to some flaw in the switching on MS's side. I was happy, till I started getting errors while saving files to my site, soon after coming to Swades. I informed them about it and they said they will have to escalate it to the programming department (which, I have a serious doubt, whether it exists or not). After no response for about 15 days, I filled out the online form again and then I used to do it almost twice every week. MS, the owner of Windows and IE, couldn't find a solution for the problem, and I had to delete my site.

When I tried to create a new site, firstly, the basics subscription is not available in the country which is a software industry giant in the world, India. When I asked Jolly to register for it from the land of opportunities, US, it didn't work either.

So, now I opened my blog with my favorite website, Google. The following 3 blogs are reposted here from my earlier blog. Hope to post my latest very soon.

0 comments: